Black BoxVideo Game Developer
About the Company
The best games start with the best people.
The EA Black Box studio culture is one that promotes curiousity and innovation, and is based on values of creativity, ownership, respect and excellence – and that shines through in our work environment and the games we produce.
At EA Black Box, our creative and dedicated community of 350+ artists, engineers, designers and producers are all working toward a common goal: making games we’re proud of – and that we want to play.
Like its location, EA Black Box is anything but ordinary.
With a longstanding passion for urban, lifestyle oriented games, EA Black Box is home to Need For Speed and Skate, along with several other exciting new games in the pipeline. In addition, the Black Box team developed the driving levels for three James Bond titles, in partnership with the Bond team at our studio in Redwood Shores, California.
EA Black Box was founded when EA acquired Black Box Games in 2002, then it became an independent EA studio in 2005. With over 350 employees, EA Black Box maintains a boutique studio and development environment – one in which you know who the people are that you work with and what they’re passionate about.
In 2003, EA Black Box moved into custom-built space in the top floors of a waterfront high-rise in downtown Vancouver.
Games Developed By Black Box
|Product Name||Platform||Genre||Release Date|
|Nascar 2001||Racing||Oct 30, 00|
|Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2||Racing||Oct 01, 02|
|Need for Speed: ProStreet||Racing||Feb 18, 08|
|NHL 2004||Sports||Sep 22, 03|
|NHL 2K||Sports||Feb 09, 00|
|NHL Hitz 20-02||Sports||Nov 06, 01|
|Sega Soccer Slam||Sports||Sep 03, 02|
|Skate 3||Sports||May 11, 10|
* This is a listing of items catalogued by Neoseeker. Black Box may have many products beyond these.Comments or corrections: email the webmaster
News related to company:
- NFS: The Run has over three times the track of any other NFS game
- EA oversaturated Need for Speed franchise, back on track
- Need for Speed World goes completely free to play, hits 1m users
- May NPD Number Crunch: Red Dead Redemption redeems monthly decline
- Dead Space's Isaac Clarke pictured in Skate 3
- SKATE 3 demo hits consoles next week, new trailer
- Need For Speed World beta sign-ups begin
- EA drags Need for Speed, Mercenaries 2, more servers to the grave
- EA announces Skate 3
- Need for Speed SHIFT hits retailers this September