About the CompanyBack in the 90's, Sony Music Japan held a contest for the best Playstation game design. The winner of the contest would get funding from Sony Music to start a game company and create the game from the winning design.
That winning game design was called Tenchu and Acquire was born.
Tenchu went on to sell over 1.6 million units worldwide.
In the past 10 years, Acquire has been one of the developers that have formed the backbone of Playstation and Playstation 2 development in Japan. Continuing in the tradition started with Tenchu a decade ago, Acquire continues to create highly original titles for the Playstation 2, PSP, and next generation consoles.
Games Published By Acquire
Games Developed By Acquire
* This is a listing of items catalogued by Neoseeker. Acquire may have many products beyond these.Comments or corrections: email the webmaster
News related to company:
- XSEED relocalizing Ys VI: The Ark of Naphishtim for PC, porting Akiba's Trip to PC too
- Akiba's Trip delivers disrespect of outerwear on PS4 at 1080p/30fps this November 25
- Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed to bare all for North America on PS4 this holiday season
- Clothes must come off for great justice in Akiba's Trip: Undead and Undressed
- Class of Heroes 2G, PS3 dungeon crawler remake with voice acting and more, to be localized
- Japanese developers Zerodiv announce RPG 'MIND 0' for Vita, all about drugs and demons
- E3 2012 hands-on: XSEED Games round-up sees Ragnarok Odyssey, Way of the Samurai 4
- European PlayStation Store Vita sale continues with Rayman, Katamari, more
- SNK classics, LIMBO arrive for this week's PlayStation Network downloads
- Catherine demo presents a choice for this week's PlayStation Network downloads
- XSEED conjures Wizardry: Labyrinth of the Lost Souls for PS3