About the BookWhen Nancy Drew, together with her two close friends, Bess Marvin and George Fayne, arrive for the Emerson University June Week celebration and learn there has been a mix-up in their motel reservations, the confusion leads to a baffling mystery.
Uncle John Rorick, a descendant of the early settlers of the town of Emerson, invites the three girls to be his guests at his historic mansion on Pine Hill. Shortly after their arrival, he tells them about the phantom who haunts the mansion's library. Uncle John also relates the weird family saga of a lost French wedding gown and valuable gifts which went to the bottom of a nearby cove in the sinking of the Lucy Belle a hundred years before. Could there possibly be some connection between the phantom and the old ship disaster? Nancy wonders.
In between enjoying the university's June Week boat races, river pageant, and fraternity dances, Nancy and her friends work diligently to solve the mystery of Pine Hill and to find the long-lost wedding treasures.
The exciting climax will be as much of a thrill for the reader as it as for the famous teen-age detective herself.
- Genre: Mystery
- Theme(s): Family, Children's
- Author: Carolyn Keene
- Publisher: Grosset and Dunlap
- ISBN: B000KII7WA
Hardcover Release North America Dec 31, 1969
- Nancy Drew: Tomb of the Lost Queen
- Nancy Drew: Warnings at Waverly Academy
- Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger
- Nancy Drew: Ransom of the Seven Ships
- Nancy Drew Dossier: Lights, Camera, Curses!
- Nancy Drew: The Haunting of Castle Malloy
- Nancy Drew: Legend of the Crystal Skull
- Nancy Drew: The White Wolf of Icicle Creek
- Nancy Drew: The Creature of Kapu Cave
- Nancy Drew: Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon
- Nancy Drew: Curse of Blackmoor Manor
- Nancy Drew: The Secret of Shadow Ranch
- Nancy Drew: The Haunted Carousel
- Nancy Drew: Treasure in a Royal Tower
- Nancy Drew: Stay Tuned for Danger
- Nancy Drew: The Model Mysteries
- Nancy Drew: The Hidden Staircase
- Nancy Drew: The Mystery of the Clue Bender Society